May 2019: The novel use of combination of Letrozole and Clomid to induce ovulation
Journal Club Global
Rachel Mejia, D.O., and Jessica Kresowik, M.D., join experts in the field including G. Wright Bates, Jr., M.D., Rick Legro, M.D., Kathleen Hoeger, M.D., M.P.H., and Steven Lindheim, M.D., to discuss their recent Fertility and Sterility manuscript, "A randomized controlled trial of combination letrozole and clomiphene citrate or letrozole alone for ovulation induction in women with polycystic ovary syndrome." Questions and issues addressed include:
- Available options for ovulation induction for women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- The mechanism of action and success rates of clomiphene citrate and letrozole
- The rationale that clomiphene citrate and letrozole can be used in combination
- Whether combination therapy increases success rates and side effects
- Patient characteristics that can aid in the choice of ovulation induction medication for women with PCOS
This Journal Club Global is hosted by Bruce Carr, M.D., and the Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility fellowship at UT Southwestern Medical Center. The event is moderated by Fertility and Sterility's Video and Media Editor, Kurt Barnhart, M.D., M.S.C.E.
Register to view the event here: https://www.workcast.com/register?cpak=1397494780663751
View the archive for all Journal Club Global videos here: https://www.fertstert.org/content/video.