April 2020: Reproductive medicine in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic: How and when do we reopen?
Journal Club Global
Catherine Racowsky Ph.D., Christopher Zahn, M.D. Eric Widra, M.D., John Petrozza, M.D., Jennifer Kawwass, M.D., Louise P King, M.D., J.D, and Christine Olson, M.D., M.P.H., from the CDC COVID-19 Partnerships Unit, discuss the following topics related to the current COVID-19 crisis:
- How have the ASRM recommendations regarding COVID-19 evolved?
- An update from the CDC on how COVID-19 is impacting reproductive aged women
- An update from ACOG regarding recommendations regarding COVID-19 and its impact on a woman and her pregnancy
- An ethical approach to the aspects of reproductive medicine andreproductive surgery and when they may be essential and urgent
- How do we balance the advantages and disadvantages to temporary suspension of practice of reproductive medicine?
- What changes in practice can mitigate the risk of spread of COVID –19 to patients and staff?
- What is the strategy to re-open the practice of reproductive medicine?
This Journal Club Global is hosted by Fertility and Sterility's Video and New Media Editor, Kurt Barnhart, M.D., M.S.C.E., and by Fertility and Sterility Interactive Associate-In-Chief, Micah Hill, D.O.
Register to view the event here: https://www.workcast.com/register?cpak=7844726416981699
View the archive for all Journal Club Global videos here: https://www.fertstert.org/content/video.