November 2019: Does IVF change the aneuploidy rates compared to natural cycles?
Journal Club Global
Kathleen Hong, M.D., along with coauthors Jason Franasiak, M.D., Marie Werner, M.D., George Patounakis, M.D., Eric Forman, M.D., and Richard Scott, M.D., are joined by experts in the field including Randi Goldman, M.D., and Mark Trolice, M.D. to discuss the recent Fertility and Sterility paper, "Embryonic aneuploidy rates are equivalent in natural cycles and gonadotropin-stimulated cycles." Questions and issues addressed include:
- Rates of embryonic aneupoidy attained with stimulated and unstimulated IVF cycles
- Can "superior" oocytes be obtained with natural or modified natural cycles?
- How does age affect aneuploidy rate in stimulated and unstimulated cycles?
- Why does increasing dose of gonadotropin affect aneupoidy rates in animal models and not humans?
- Can ICSI affect rates of aneuploidy?
This Journal Club Global is hosted by Kathleen Brennan, M.D., Daniel Dumesic, M.D., Lindsay Kroener, M.D., and Zain Al-Safi, M.D. from UCLA, and by Fertility and Sterility's Interactive Associate-in-Chief, Micah Hill, D.O.
Register to view the event here: https://www.workcast.com/register?cpak=7156877810569643.
View the archive for all Journal Club Global videos here: https://www.fertstert.org/content/video.