September 2019: How can oocyte stimulation affect euploidy rates?
Journal Club Global
Jeffrey Thorne, M.D., along with coauthors Leah Kaye, M.D., John Nulsen, M.D., Claudio Benadiva, M.D., are joined by experts in the field including George Patounakis, M.D., Ph.D., and Micah Hill, D.O. to discuss the recent Fertility and Sterility paper, "Euploidy rates between cycles triggered with gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist and human chorionic gonadotropin."
Questions and issues addressed include:
- Can factors (particularly the IVF process) interfere with normal oocyte physiology?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of trigger with GnRH agonist (GnRHa)?
- Are there differences in euploidy rates between IVF cycles triggered with either GnRHa or hCG?
- What patient factor may affect euploidy rates?
- How can confounding factors affect an analysis of a cohort of patients undergoing PGT-A?
This Journal Club Global is hosted by Eric Forman, M.D., Rogerio Lobo, M.D., and the REI fellowship at Columbia University Fertility Center, and by Fertility and Sterility's Video and Media Editor, Kurt Barnhart, M.D., M.S.C.E.
Register to view the event here: https://www.workcast.com/register?cpak=4964362413488764
View the archive for all Journal Club Global videos here: https://www.fertstert.org/content/video.