Sukhbir Singh, M.D., Christian Seitz, M.D., and and Kathrin Petersdorf, M.D., are joined by experts in the field including William Catherino, M.D., Ph.D., and David Archer, M.D., to discuss their recent Fertility and Sterility manuscript, "Vilaprisan in women with uterine fibroids: the randomized phase 2b ASTEROID 1 study." Questions and issues addressed include:
- What is the mechanism of action of a SPRM on fibroid-related symptoms?
- What is the expected reduction in bleeding that can be expected with Vilaprisan treatment?
- What are the expected side effects and safety of treatment?
- What are the challenges in the conduct of a multicenter RCT accessing a new therapy?
- What is expected for the future in regards to the development of SPRM and a clinical therapy?
This Journal Club Global is hosted by Richard Burney, M.D., and the Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility fellowship at Madigan Army Medical Center. The event is moderated by Fertility and Sterility's Video and Media Editor, Kurt Barnhart, M.D., M.S.C.E.
Register to view the event here: https://www.workcast.com/register?cpak=9830830628744595
View the archive for all Journal Club Global videos here: https://www.fertstert.org/content/video.