September 2018: Blastocyst vs. cleavage stage frozen/thawed transfer success
Journal Club Global
Peter McGovern, M.D., and his coauthors Sara Morelli, M.D., Ph.D., Donald Alderson, M.S., Sangita K. Jindal, Ph.D., HCLD, Pamela A. Ohman-Strickland, Ph.D., and Banafsheh Kashani, M.D., join experts in the field including Randal Robinson, M.D. (UT Health San Antonio), and George Patounakis, M.D., Ph.D. (Reproductive Medicine Associates of Florida), to discuss the recent Fertility and Sterility manuscript, "Improved outcomes after blastocyst-stage frozen-thawed embryo transfers compared with cleavage stage: a Society for Assisted Reproductive Technologies Clinical Outcomes Reporting System study." Questions and issues to be addressed include:
- Does success rate for Frozen/thawed embryo transfer differ for blastocyst vs cleavage stage embryos?
- How do you select patients to undergo cleavage stage or blastocyst frozen/thawed embryo transfer?
- Does state at which embryo is transferred affect odds of miscarriage or preterm delivery?
- How does the stage of the embryo affect multiple birth?
- What are the advantages and disadvantage of using SART-CORS database for clinical research
This Journal Club Global is hosted by Kelly Pagidas, M.D., and the Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility fellowship at the University of Louisville. The event will be moderated by Fertility and Sterility's Video and Media Editor, Kurt Barnhart, M.D., M.S.C.E. at the University of Pennsylvania.
Register to view the event here: http://www.workcast.com/register?cpak=7335262146067515
View the archive for all Journal Club Global videos here: https://www.fertstert.org/content/video.